City of Cavalaire-sur-Mer
Mission: Complete project management mission: Audit, opportunity studies for the redeployment of port infrastructures and spaces in the public maritime domain
Start of the mission: 18/08/2015
Amount: 411 774 euros (tax incl.)
Redeployment of port infrastructures and spaces in the public maritime domain
Audit, opportunity study, project management
The city of Cavalaire-sur-Mer became autonomous in 1929 and separated completely from Gassin. The port’s current layout is the result of development work that was undertaken 25 years ago, culminating in the creation of the new port and its commercial zone known as the “port animation center”. In the 2000s, this development was complemented by the construction of the city center’s east access.
Cavalaire-sur-Mer is now taking stock of all these developments.
Despite many positive points, a few negative issues have been noted:
• A concentration of commercial activity in the port area at the expense of other components of the city center.
• A lack of development in other districts, which is detrimental to the economy of the entire tourist area.
• Spatial and commercial segmentation of the port area.
The city of Cavalaire-sur-Mer has forged an identity as a family-oriented tourism and recreation destination, offering a variety of quality services and entertainment. Nevertheless, this momentum has run out of steam over the last few years.
The end of the concession contract period on the private part of Cavalaire-sur-Mer’s port is an opportunity for the municipality to raise its attractiveness. Development of the port area will make it possible to harness the financial sourcing that is possible in this area.
In this respect, the municipality would like to undertake significant action by rethinking the Cavalaire-sur-Mer of tomorrow around three centers of attraction:
• 1st center: The area around the Town Hall with its concentration of services and shops, and featuring two main roads, Avenue des Alliés and Avenue Lyautey
• 2nd center: The municipal reception hall including a cultural event center, parking areas within a landscaped area open on other centers of attraction
• 3rd center: The port area is to undergo redevelopment in cooperation with the various players
The studies for developing these three centers will be conducted in a complementary manner. The study concerning the development of the port area will be the first to take place, considering the forthcoming expiration of the privately-managed port concession in 2017.
Following a competitive bidding procedure, the city of Cavalaire-sur-Mer decided to entrust complete project management to the CORINTH Engineering (Agent), Trans Mobility and Guillermin Engineering Consortium to carry out these studies, assisted by subcontractors specially selected for execution of the mission: Lionel Péan, Aurélie Chaloin Architecture Agency, Provence Urba Conseil, Cabinet Clément & Associés, H2O Environnement, Environconsult, Sudémo.
The mission is currently in phase 1:
– State property (domanialité)
– Marine environment
– Port facilities / Civil engineering
– Sea / beaches
– Traffic status
– Urban and landscape diagnostics
– Prospects / Investigations